1) Send a connection request to your prospect
2) Send a message to you prospect thanking them for connecting
3) Send your prospect a helpful/common bond message and then ask a question
4) Respond to their answer and further the conversation
5) Ask to have coffee or lunch sometime
6) Have coffee or lunch
7) Gain a new client
When I worked at a staffing agency I was really pressured to bring in more clients. I would cold call all day with no real success. It wasn't until I looked the basics of social interaction that I realized how I could leverage social media to gain new business.
I like to think about the opportunity of social media as the same opportunity of being at a cocktail party. You meet someone, find common ground, ask questions, make sure to have conversation, and when a bond is developed you may plan another time to meet.
I applied that same strategy to LinkedIn and did it on a pretty massive level. I landed 25 in person meetings in one month with this strategy. Cold prospects to clients.
It was the best sales month of my life.
LinkedIn is a bit overcrowded with people trying similar strategies but most people get it wrong. There is still a huge opportunity to develop clients through LinkedIn but you have to be tacktful and not tacky.
I'm happy to share the exact types of messages I would send etc in each of the first 5 steps.
Things that will help you succeed in this process are
1) Optimized profile
2) CRM to track your progress
3) Being genuine and not outsourcing your correspondence
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions. You can follow me on Instagram @quintinford_ I post a lot in my stories and my feed. My IG stories go directly to FB so you can watch my FB stories too. I'm happy to help anyone who needs it. ;)
Have a Question?